To foster networking and fellowship among missiologists both in and outside of Asia for mutual encouragement, knowledge sharing, and effective service in mission education.
To organize a tri-annual Missiological forum and publish its compendium.
To promote missiological societies in 6 Asian regions:
- Southern ASEAN region [Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore]
- Northern ASEAN region [Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam]
- Central & West Asia [Iran, Iraq, other middle eastern countries]
- South Asian region [India, Nepal, Sri Lanka]
- East Asia [Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Taiwan]
- Outside of Asia
To develop the ASM home page as a venue for fellowship and knowledge sharing for members and potential members.
To publish an online ASM Journal for Asian Missiologists.